Vijayawada sources added that rescue operations continued on Wednesday in the Godavari River in Andhra Pradesh where over 30 people are feared drowned after a launch capsized last evening. Meanwhile the personnel from the Indian Navy traced the launch which is said to be at a depth of 60 feet. Rescue workers were trying to break open the windows to pull out the bodies.
Meanwhile an official said the teams from the Navy, state disaster management department and the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel were engaged in the rescue operations. Accordingly they were mobilizing heavy cranes near the shores to retrieve the launch that capsized on Tuesday. Moreover the rescue work, which was halted late on Tuesday due to bad weather, resumed early on Wednesday. Moreover a helicopter was also pressed into service as part of the rescue work.
Media reports to the incident occurred near Manturu in Devipatnam block of
East Godavari district around 5 p.m. As per report the incident came close on
the heels of a boat with over 100 tourists catching fire in the Godavari River
in the same district on May 11. Furthermore the passengers had a narrow escape
as the driver wheeled the boat to the shore and they jumped off before the
entire boat was completely destroyed.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code