Vijayawada sources added that rescue operations continued on Wednesday in the Godavari River in Andhra Pradesh where over 30 people are feared drowned after a launch capsized last evening. Meanwhile the personnel from the Indian Navy traced the launch which is said to be at a depth of 60 feet. Rescue workers were trying to break open the windows to pull out the bodies.
Meanwhile an official said the teams from the Navy, state disaster management department and the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel were engaged in the rescue operations. Accordingly they were mobilizing heavy cranes near the shores to retrieve the launch that capsized on Tuesday. Moreover the rescue work, which was halted late on Tuesday due to bad weather, resumed early on Wednesday. Moreover a helicopter was also pressed into service as part of the rescue work.
Media reports to the incident occurred near Manturu in Devipatnam block of
East Godavari district around 5 p.m. As per report the incident came close on
the heels of a boat with over 100 tourists catching fire in the Godavari River
in the same district on May 11. Furthermore the passengers had a narrow escape
as the driver wheeled the boat to the shore and they jumped off before the
entire boat was completely destroyed.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees