Accordingly even as the Tamilnadu government said it would first study the Cauvery Draft Water Management Scheme submitted by the Centre in the Supreme Court, major state parties voiced opposition to the scheme. Meanwhile when speaking to reporters in Madurai, Deputy Chief Minister O. Panneerselvam said that the state government would first study the draft scheme and then decides on the next course of action.
The Minister for Law, Courts and Prisons C.Ve. Shanmugam told reporters that the state would submit its views on the scheme to the apex court on May 16. Furthermore the DMK leader M.K. Stalin urged the Tamil Nadu government to call an all-party meeting on Tuesday to discuss the setting up of the Cauvery Management Board (CMB) and arming it with legal power.
Moreover Stalin said that representatives of farmer associations should
also be a party to the meeting. Moreover the DMK has also called for an all
party meeting on May 17 a day after the Supreme Court hearing in the case to
chalk out next course of action on the Cauvery issue.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018