The hearing of the Cauvery water management drafting plan had come today in the Supreme Court. Previously, the court in its earlier hearing had said that the decision will be taken soon on whether to accept or reject the Cauvery management draft plan given by the government.
During the hearing today, the Supreme Court bench listened to the arguments of both the state representatives. Post the hearing, the Supreme Court gave out several shocking orders. Firstly, as opposed to government plan, Supreme Court said that the Cauvery management board will be in Delhi and not in Bangalore. This order to form the headquarters of Cauvery management board at Delhi is a favorable thing for Tamilnadu.
With the initial plan to setup the
board in Bengaluru it might have become tough for Tamilnadu representatives to
visit Karnataka. Besides the formation of the Cauvery management board at
Karnataka also meant indirectly that Cauvery belonged to Karnataka. Now this Supreme
Court decision has come as a relief for Tamilnadu.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues