According to sources presently the Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology is making its presence felt across the spectrum globally, India needs to prioritize AI-based predictive analysis to improve outcomes in three core areas agriculture, healthcare and education, a top Microsoft executive has emphasized.
Meanwhile the initial results in India are promising and if deployed at big scale, AI-based models can help farmers, doctors and educators keep building success stories, Joseph Sirosh, Corporate Vice President of Cloud AI Platform at Microsoft, told "For example, AI can help us foresee signs of a student being at risk of dropping out. We have done first such experiment in Andhra Pradesh involving thousands of students".
Previously in 2017, the Andhra Pradesh government expanded the roll out of
the experiment to all 13 districts in the state. According to Microsoft,
ICRISAT has scaled sowing insights in 2018 to 4,000 farmers across Andhra
Pradesh and Karnataka for the Kharif crop cycle (rainy season). Moreover Sirosh
said "Our partners like TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant and Accenture are
leaning in and adopting AI and these are exciting times for AI and its real
adoption in the country".
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites