Media reports stated that the Finance Ministers of Delhi, Kerala, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab and the Chief Minister of Puducherry will meet President Ram Nath Kovind to complain about the "unfair" terms of reference of the 15th Finance Commission.
Accordingly the Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia tweeted about the meeting on Wednesday evening. Meanwhile the Finance Ministers of the states and Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayansami met on April 10 and said that they would submit a joint memorandum to the President on the terms of reference of the 15th Finance Commission.
Previously on May 7, at a conclave convened by the Andhra Pradesh
government, finance ministers from 11 states decided to seek President Ram Nath
Kovind's intervention to re-frame them. Moreover the southern states protested
that they would lose out because of the commission's decision to use the 2011
population census instead of 1971 as a basis for devolution of taxes from the
central government to the states, as they had successfully controlled their
AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM Chennai sources stated that Karunas, also a well known actor and founder of a small outfit, was picked up from his house Sunday morning by a special team. Accordingly the Tiruvadanai legislator was earlier booked under various sections of the IPC for criminal conspiracy, promoting enmity, promoting disharmony, attempt to murder and issuing death threats.
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP