The newly sworn in Chief Minister of Karnataka BS Yeddyurappa took several shocking and swift actions, as he transferred 4 IPS officers within 6 hours of him taking charge as the CM. In Karnataka, despite not having the majority, with the help of the BJP governor, BJP has come to rule, based on the fact that BJP is the single largest party.
Now the governor has given BS Yeddyurappa 15 days to prove his majority in the assembly. Despite Congress attempts to move to the Supreme Court, the court too stood by the governor's decision. While BS Yeddyurappa took oath promising on God and farmers, Congress and JDS were involved in a protest.
In his transfer
orders, he had transferred railway addition DGP Amarkumar Pandey to Crime
department DGP, and Reserve police IGP Sandeep patil has been transferred as
Crime department deputy IGP. Bidar district SP Devaraja has been
transferred to Bengaluru, while Bengaluru Corruption prevention department SP
Gireesh has been transferred to Bengaluru north east as assistant commissioner.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?