The newly sworn in Chief Minister of Karnataka BS Yeddyurappa took several shocking and swift actions, as he transferred 4 IPS officers within 6 hours of him taking charge as the CM. In Karnataka, despite not having the majority, with the help of the BJP governor, BJP has come to rule, based on the fact that BJP is the single largest party.
Now the governor has given BS Yeddyurappa 15 days to prove his majority in the assembly. Despite Congress attempts to move to the Supreme Court, the court too stood by the governor's decision. While BS Yeddyurappa took oath promising on God and farmers, Congress and JDS were involved in a protest.
In his transfer
orders, he had transferred railway addition DGP Amarkumar Pandey to Crime
department DGP, and Reserve police IGP Sandeep patil has been transferred as
Crime department deputy IGP. Bidar district SP Devaraja has been
transferred to Bengaluru, while Bengaluru Corruption prevention department SP
Gireesh has been transferred to Bengaluru north east as assistant commissioner.
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall