Chennai sources have stated that former CM of Tamilnadu J. Jayalalitha's foundation stone was laid for her memorial at Marina Beach, Chennai, on May 7. Presently she currently lies buried next to her mentor and former Tamilnadu Chief Minister MG Ramachandran, and the temporary memorial will be converted to a permanent structure. Meanwhile the proposed structure would be the third memorial along the Marina beach, alongside the Anna Memorial built in memory of former Chief Minister CN Annadurai and the MGR Memorial.
Meanwhile previously On May 16, public interest litigation was filed in the Madras High Court which sought to shift her mortal remains from the beach to a non-coastal area. S Jayaseelan, the advocate who filed the PIL, also asked the court to restrain the Central and state governments from erecting a memorial at the present burial site.
Furthermore the BJP youth wing submitted a petition
to Tamilnadu governor Banwarilal Purohit demanding that Jayalalitha’s memorial
should not be constructed on Marina beach and said that it was unnecessary to
construct a memorial someone charged with corruption, and argued that the state
was already facing a cash crunch.
Will Pawan Kalyan help farmers in resettlement package for Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project? Accordingly Jana Sena party president Pawan Kalyan has started the second phase of his ‘Praja Porata Yatra’ in Eluru of West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh. Previously in May, Pawan had toured in the interior parts of Srikakulam district and moreover in the yatra this time, Pawan is reaching out to people across West Godavari district in as many as seven assembly constituencies.
- Telangana & Kerala questioned how Ayushman Bharat scheme benefits at a lower premium
- Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK?
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week