Chennai sources have stated that former CM of Tamilnadu J. Jayalalitha's foundation stone was laid for her memorial at Marina Beach, Chennai, on May 7. Presently she currently lies buried next to her mentor and former Tamilnadu Chief Minister MG Ramachandran, and the temporary memorial will be converted to a permanent structure. Meanwhile the proposed structure would be the third memorial along the Marina beach, alongside the Anna Memorial built in memory of former Chief Minister CN Annadurai and the MGR Memorial.
Meanwhile previously On May 16, public interest litigation was filed in the Madras High Court which sought to shift her mortal remains from the beach to a non-coastal area. S Jayaseelan, the advocate who filed the PIL, also asked the court to restrain the Central and state governments from erecting a memorial at the present burial site.
Furthermore the BJP youth wing submitted a petition
to Tamilnadu governor Banwarilal Purohit demanding that Jayalalitha’s memorial
should not be constructed on Marina beach and said that it was unnecessary to
construct a memorial someone charged with corruption, and argued that the state
was already facing a cash crunch.
Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman Atlanta sources reported that the owner of several Milwaukee area gas stations who was indicted for forced labor involving aggravated abuse harboring an alien for financial gain, and document servitude has reached a plea deal in the federal case against him. Meanwhile according to media reports Harshinder Bhatia agreed to plead guilty to a federal charge of “harboring an alien for financial gain”.
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan
- Why Naidu meeting all leaders who are already opposed to PM Narendra Modi: Dr. Tamilisai