Vancouver sources reported that there are serious concerns about the collection of biometric data for Aadhaar cards in India and these must be allayed, a former State Department official who is considered an expert on social media and cyber-crime issues has stressed. Jared Cohen told on the sidelines of the third annual BCTECH Summit here.
Meanwhile Cohen is currently the CEO and Founder of Jigsaw, a Google arm started to tackle threats to online security. Moreover he conceded there are arguments on the merits of the Aadhaar system but there are also concerns that must be addressed.
Cohen did not want to comment on the case before the Supreme Court, whose
constitution bench has reserved judgment in the PIL which wants removal of the
mandatory requirement of Aadhaar for enjoying benefits of government services and
for opening of bank accounts and buying telephone services, among others.
Furthermore Cohen was one of the members of policy planning staff of US
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. He played a role in helping shape counter-radicalization
strategies and advised on US policy towards Iran and the Middle East.
Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu Accordingly life in Jammu and Kashmir was adversely affected on Friday due to a protest shutdown called against the terror strike in the valley in which 45 CRPF personnel were killed in a suicide attack. Meanwhile the shutdown has been called by the Jammu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI), an influential body of local traders and industrialists.
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?