According to sources Supreme Court turns down Congress plea. Suggests all channels live telecast the floor test. KG Bopaiah will remain the pro-tem Speaker and conduct the floor test. The floor test is scheduled to happen at 4 pm today. As per latest report Anand Singh and Pratap Gouda Patil two Congress MLAs who have been ‘missing’ since the election results were announced are not in the assembly.
Supreme Court stated that “It can't be the law to direct the governor to appoint somebody as pro-tem speaker. Senior most members can't even be called as a convention because there have been other examples too, and then this convention hasn't even been given legal sanctity”. Media report stated that “Confident that some Congress-JD(S) MLAs would resign as this is an unholy alliance. The resignations would bring down the effective strength of the house”.
HD Kumaraswamy, JD (S) leader told “For
him, today is not an important day and the important days will come in future.
Up to 4 pm, BJP will try to poach our MLAs. All the MLAs are together, no one
is going to go to the other side. None of our MLAs are trapped. He and
Siddaramaiah will go together”.
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites