According to sources the SC ordered to give the live telecast to all the local, regional and national channels simultaneously. It said the move is to ensure transparency in the proceedings. Meanwhile when welcoming the decision, Congress leader and lawyer Abhishek Singhvi said the whole intention of Congress to file the petition is to ensure transparency in the Trust Vote and he said once it is taken care of, the Congress has no more objections.
Accordingly the Supreme Court has dismissed the plea filed by the Congress and JD(S) combine challenging Karnataka Governor's decision to appoint BJP MLA KG Bopaiah as pro-tem Speaker. Congress and JD(S) alleged that Bopaiah had once saved BS Yeddyurappa. Meanwhile the SC's hearing began at 10:30 am today before a bench comprising justices A K Sikri, S A Bobde and Ashok Bhushan which was hearing the crisis in Karnataka after the elections which delivered a fractured verdict.
Further the senior lawyer said appointing senior-most lawmaker as pro tem speaker has been a practice in place in commonwealth countries. However, the bench shot back "there have been earlier instances where senior-most MLA has not been appointed as pro tem speaker". Moreover after hearing from both the sides, the Supreme Court today quashed the plea filed by Congress and JD(S) against the appointment of KG Bopaiah as the pro-tem Speaker.
Will Pawan Kalyan help farmers in resettlement package for Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project? Accordingly Jana Sena party president Pawan Kalyan has started the second phase of his ‘Praja Porata Yatra’ in Eluru of West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh. Previously in May, Pawan had toured in the interior parts of Srikakulam district and moreover in the yatra this time, Pawan is reaching out to people across West Godavari district in as many as seven assembly constituencies.
- Telangana & Kerala questioned how Ayushman Bharat scheme benefits at a lower premium
- Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK?
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week