BS Yeddyurappa and Sriramulu, who had both contested and won the Karnataka state assembly elections, have both resigned their MP posts, leading to the BJP losing their majority in the parliament. With the Karnataka assembly elections announced to have BJP winning 104 seats, and with 7 seats short of majority, the party withdrew by itself even without the floor test taking place, and BS Yeddyurappa resigned his CM Post yesterday.
On Wednesday, HD Kumarasamy of the Congress - JDS alliance is all set to be sworn in as the CM of Karnataka. When BJP had formed a government at the centre, they had 282 seats, and formed the rule with majority after 30 years. However, they had been constantly losing majority with losses in state assembly elections, with the recent being the losses in Uttar Pradesh.
With BJP having 273 seats in
parliament till yesterday, and the requirement being 272 seats for majority,
Yeddyurappa and Sriramulu resigned from their MP posts, leading to BJP strength
getting reduced to 271 inclusive of the speaker. With the elections not
being nearby as well, BJP has lost its majority in the parliament, aiming at
the Karnataka state victory. However, there may not be any chances of a no
confidence motion this time, say political analysts.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?