BS Yeddyurappa and Sriramulu, who had both contested and won the Karnataka state assembly elections, have both resigned their MP posts, leading to the BJP losing their majority in the parliament. With the Karnataka assembly elections announced to have BJP winning 104 seats, and with 7 seats short of majority, the party withdrew by itself even without the floor test taking place, and BS Yeddyurappa resigned his CM Post yesterday.
On Wednesday, HD Kumarasamy of the Congress - JDS alliance is all set to be sworn in as the CM of Karnataka. When BJP had formed a government at the centre, they had 282 seats, and formed the rule with majority after 30 years. However, they had been constantly losing majority with losses in state assembly elections, with the recent being the losses in Uttar Pradesh.
With BJP having 273 seats in
parliament till yesterday, and the requirement being 272 seats for majority,
Yeddyurappa and Sriramulu resigned from their MP posts, leading to BJP strength
getting reduced to 271 inclusive of the speaker. With the elections not
being nearby as well, BJP has lost its majority in the parliament, aiming at
the Karnataka state victory. However, there may not be any chances of a no
confidence motion this time, say political analysts.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees