According to sources for the first time ever, Congress has acted in time. Even before the complete results are out, it started negotiations with JD(S). In order to stop Modi juggernaut in South, Congress decided to offer unconditional support to Kumaraswamy and offered him the CM post. This has worked brilliantly. The proactive measures of Congress has played vital role in this entire episode of Kar'Nataka'.
Meanwhile the twist in the entire tale is Congress knocking the doors of the Supreme Court at midnight. The SC bench convened in the wee hours and heard the petition filed by the Congress and JD(S) combine. Though the SC didn't stop the swearing-in ceremony of Yeddyurappa, it has given a major blow to him by ordering to go for the Floor Test in 24 hours.
Patriarch Deve Gowda said to have made an emotional appeal to all his party
MLAs requesting that this would be his last election and would like to see his
son Kumaraswamy as the Chief Minister. Deve Gowda's emotional request said to
have moved JD(S) MLAs who decided not to switch over to BJP even when huge
offers came in from the Saffron leaders.
Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana caretaker chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will kick-start his campaign addressing 28 public meetings which will cover 66 of 119 constituencies in the state. Accordingly United Progressive Alliance chairperson and former Congress party president Sonia Gandhi is expected to begin her Telangana campaign on November 23.
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections