Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana Water Resources Development Corporation Chairman V Prakash Rao told reporters that the 'National Convention on Rejuvenation of the Krishna River', IWC's first event, will see participation of over 300 delegates of government organizations from various states and NGOs, including Rajendra Singh, known as 'Waterman of India'.
Earlier the Indian Water Council was formed last month in Rajasthan. Meanwhile Rao said the state government has started an initiative to rejuvenate the river by involving government organizations from Krishna river basin states of Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana and several NGOs. He said "There are plans to take up several works in the next 10 years to rejuvenate the river and the convention is the first step towards this".
Prakash said among focus areas for discussions would be arresting flow of
pollutants into the river, creating awareness among farmers to avoid taking up
paddy crop, besides issues of over extraction and encroachments. He added
"There are plans for a forestation and to set up committees in villages to
create awareness among people and farmers on ways to recharge ground water
along Krishna and do all this by involving different organizations, including
NGOs like Indian Water Council, Walk for Water, Jal Biradari".
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites