Beijing sources reported that a Chinese university has apologized and lifted a ban on girls wearing miniskirts and hot pants in the library, revoking a regulation imposed over a student’s complaint that such clothes were “harmful to the study atmosphere and are a form of sexual harassment”. Recently the cancelled regulation had banned girl students from wearing pants or skirts shorter than 50 centimeters.
Meanwhile the regulation came into effect after a complaint was filed by a male student, alleging miniskirts were “harmful to the study atmosphere and are a form of sexual harassment”. Accordingly miniskirts and hot pants may be worn at the library, the university said in a statement after revoking the regulation that had banned them.
State-run Global Times quoted the Human Agricultural University statement
as saying “We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience brought by our
recent work". Moreover it is now fine for students to wear fashionable
clothes as long as they are not solely wearing briefs, an unnamed staff member
at the library of Human Agricultural University said. A net user posted on Sina
Weibo, which is akin to micro-blogging site twitter “Sexual harassment means
that you need to make an unwelcome sexual invitation".
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy