New Delhi sources added that the Centre for Science and Environment, a research and advocacy organization, has urged tennis ace Sania Mirza to publicly disassociate from a poultry advertisement, saying it has been declared misleading by the Advertisement Standards Council of India or ASCI. The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) said in a statement that the Centre for Science and Environment welcomes the recent decision of ASCI to declare the advertisement featuring Sania Mirza "misleading" by facts, exaggeration and ambiguity.
Meanwhile the advocacy group had previously also urged Sania Mirza to dissociate herself from the advertisement. Amit Khurana, senior program manager, food safety and toxins, CSE said "We had written to Ms Mirza earlier apprising her about the malpractice of antibiotic misuse in poultry sector and the libelous nature of the advertisement".
the advertisement "falsely" claimed the poultry sector is not
"misusing" antibiotics. It also "misused and
misrepresented" the results of a 2014 CSE study on antibiotic residues in
chicken, Centre for Science and Environment said. “ASCI said by mentioning the
CSE study results, the advertisement contravened the code on truthful and
honest representation and to withdraw or modify the advertisement by May 23”.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code