New Delhi sources added that the Centre for Science and Environment, a research and advocacy organization, has urged tennis ace Sania Mirza to publicly disassociate from a poultry advertisement, saying it has been declared misleading by the Advertisement Standards Council of India or ASCI. The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) said in a statement that the Centre for Science and Environment welcomes the recent decision of ASCI to declare the advertisement featuring Sania Mirza "misleading" by facts, exaggeration and ambiguity.
Meanwhile the advocacy group had previously also urged Sania Mirza to dissociate herself from the advertisement. Amit Khurana, senior program manager, food safety and toxins, CSE said "We had written to Ms Mirza earlier apprising her about the malpractice of antibiotic misuse in poultry sector and the libelous nature of the advertisement".
the advertisement "falsely" claimed the poultry sector is not
"misusing" antibiotics. It also "misused and
misrepresented" the results of a 2014 CSE study on antibiotic residues in
chicken, Centre for Science and Environment said. “ASCI said by mentioning the
CSE study results, the advertisement contravened the code on truthful and
honest representation and to withdraw or modify the advertisement by May 23”.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees