New Delhi sources reported that ahead of his swearing-in as the Karnataka's new chief minister, JD(S) chief H D Kumaraswamy tonight met Congress leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi to finalize the modalities of government formation and ministerial berth sharing between the two post-poll allies. Meanwhile Congress has mooted two deputy chief ministers for the numerically strong party in order to strike a balance with the JD(S) but the regional party is believed to be not in favor of this proposal.
Accordingly KPCC chief G Parameshwara is among the frontrunners for the deputy chief minister's post. Moreover Kumaraswamy, who will be sworn in as chief minister on Wednesday for the second time in 12 years, flew into the capital this afternoon and began his engagements with a meeting with pre-poll ally BSP chief Mayawati. BSP bagged 1 seat.
Furthermore during his 20-minute meeting with Sonia
and Rahul, the Congress President, Kumaraswamy is understood to have discussed
the nitty-gritty of Cabinet formation on the number of ministerial berths the
Congress and the JD(S) would get. Media report added that the meeting took
place at Rahul's Tughlak Lane residence. According to report Kumaraswamy is
expected to take the floor test within 24 hours after being sworn in.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers