Chennai sources reported that with prices of petrol and diesel touching record highs, the Tamilnadu government on Monday hinted it may not cut the Value Added Tax (VAT) on these products, saying they form a key part of the state's own tax revenue (SOTR). Meanwhile the Fisheries Minister D Jayakumar said the state extends benefits and sops worth Rs 77,000 crore to various segments, with salary of government employees constituting 70% of its expenditure.
Jayakumar said "The own source of income for the state is primarily from petroleum products and liquor meant for human consumption these are revenue generating sources"? Moreover Jayakumar was responding to a question on possible VAT revision by the state government with fuel prices soaring to new heights. Fuel rates touched a record high on Sunday as oil PSUs passed on four weeks of relentless rise in international crude prices to consumers.
Moreover he said India imposes high taxes on
petroleum products and urged both the BJP-led government at the Centre and the
ruling AIADMK in Tamilnadu to cut taxes on petrol and diesel to benefit the
common man. Furthermore MNM President Kamal Hassan wondered why global trends
were being blamed for the hike while there were domestic solutions to address
Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP? Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu makes regular visits to AP & Telangana Governor E.S.L Narasimhan to inform him of the challenges the state is facing in the aftermath of bifurcation. While it is protocol to apprehend the Governor on the developments and challenges in Andhra Pradesh as the head of a state, TDP cadre and the people of AP feel that these regular meetings with Narasimhan are futile.
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7