Chennai sources reported that in the wake of neighboring state Kerala reporting several deaths due to Nipah virus in Kozhikode district, the Tamilnadu health department sounded an alert for bordering districts of Kerala intensifying monitoring of fever cases in Kanyakumari, Coimbatore, Nilgiris and Tirunelveli. Meanwhile the state health department alerted the deputy directors of public health and collectors of the bordering districts to ensure that there is no epidemic outbreak in Tamilnadu.
Accordingly State health secretary J. Radhakrishnan told reporters that Tamilnadu health department is in constant touch with the Kerala health department on the incidence of Nipah virus. He said “We have cautioned all the district health ministry’s to be on an alert and keep a check on any symptoms of the dreaded virus and not to panic or be anxious as the cases have not been reported in Tamilnadu so far, the awareness and alert is a precautionary measure".
According to World Health Organization the natural hosts of the Nipah
virus (NiV) are fruit bats that affect humans and animals like pigs and other
domestic animals. Moreover the primary treatment for the virus infection in
case of human is intensive supportive care.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open