Tuticorin sources stated that a managed around 50 year old was reportedly killed in the violence that erupted near the Tuticorin district collectorate on Tuesday when anti-Sterlite protesters defied a ban order under Section 144 of the CrPC and continued their protest march. Meanwhile the protesters are demanding closure of the Sterlite Copper Smelter located near the town. Accordingly the person killed in the violence has been identified as Tamilarasan who was associated with an organization called Puratchikara Ilaignar Munnani.
For the past 100 days the residents of Tuticorin town have been demanding closure of the Sterlite plant and had announced they would take out a march to the Tuticorin District Collectorate on Tuesday, and meet the collector N Venkatesh. Furthermore the protesting public gathered for a black flag protest near the Church of the Lady of Snow in Tuticorin, while another group started to march from Madathur village.
Media report stated that police first resorted to lathi charge and then
fired teargas shells along the route to the collectorate and inside the
premises, the destination of the protest march. Further the vehicles on the
route of the march were set on fire during the protest. Employees of the
collector’s office were evacuated as the protests intensified. Moreover as the
situation went out of control, more than 2,000 police personnel from the
southern districts of Madurai, Ramanathapuram, Theni, Dindigul were deployed to
Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage? As per report Telugu Rebel star Prabhas has carved a niche for himself with his impressive performance in countless films of his, including Mirchi, Baahubali and few others. Meanwhile speculation regarding Prabhas marriage has been doing the rounds since a long time. Presently his fans and audiences are desperately waiting to hear about his wedding. Furthermore some sources claim that Prabhas wedding will happen in 2019.
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!