TN BJP leader H Raja has let out a controversial statement that the firing of innocent civilians by cops today in Thoothukudi was right. The protest by numerous citizens of Thoothukudi demanding Sterlite ban ended in violence. When the protesters approached the Thoothukudi collectorate, there was chaos and violence sparked.
When the cops entered the spot to control the people, there was violence and attacks between the cops and public. Initially, the cops began with lathi charge and deploying tear gas. However, with the protest and attacks getting intensified, the Collectorate was attacked and destroyed, following which the police resorted to usage of guns.
In these incidents of firing, 13
civilians were killed brutally, and have sent shock waves across the state.
Though many political leaders have condemned the violent acts of the cops and
the ineffective government, the BJP national secretary H Raja, has said that
the action taken by cops was right. His view that there's no other way when a
protest turns into a riot, has been condemned by many.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar