TN BJP leader H Raja has let out a controversial statement that the firing of innocent civilians by cops today in Thoothukudi was right. The protest by numerous citizens of Thoothukudi demanding Sterlite ban ended in violence. When the protesters approached the Thoothukudi collectorate, there was chaos and violence sparked.
When the cops entered the spot to control the people, there was violence and attacks between the cops and public. Initially, the cops began with lathi charge and deploying tear gas. However, with the protest and attacks getting intensified, the Collectorate was attacked and destroyed, following which the police resorted to usage of guns.
In these incidents of firing, 13
civilians were killed brutally, and have sent shock waves across the state.
Though many political leaders have condemned the violent acts of the cops and
the ineffective government, the BJP national secretary H Raja, has said that
the action taken by cops was right. His view that there's no other way when a
protest turns into a riot, has been condemned by many.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees