TN BJP leader H Raja has let out a controversial statement that the firing of innocent civilians by cops today in Thoothukudi was right. The protest by numerous citizens of Thoothukudi demanding Sterlite ban ended in violence. When the protesters approached the Thoothukudi collectorate, there was chaos and violence sparked.
When the cops entered the spot to control the people, there was violence and attacks between the cops and public. Initially, the cops began with lathi charge and deploying tear gas. However, with the protest and attacks getting intensified, the Collectorate was attacked and destroyed, following which the police resorted to usage of guns.
In these incidents of firing, 13
civilians were killed brutally, and have sent shock waves across the state.
Though many political leaders have condemned the violent acts of the cops and
the ineffective government, the BJP national secretary H Raja, has said that
the action taken by cops was right. His view that there's no other way when a
protest turns into a riot, has been condemned by many.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code