The carelessness and the irresponsibility of the government are the main reasons for the mistakes happening in the state, opined actor and chief of Makkal Needhi Maiam Kamal Hassan, during a press interaction where he had condemned the shooting of innocents in Thoothukudi. As the protest of public of Thoothukudi against Sterlite and demanding its ban reached its 100th day, violence erupted.
Following the unexpected violence in the protest, the cops resorted to usage of even more violent ways, as they shot dead more than 13 innocent protesters. Many other common public were brutally attacked and are admitted in hospitals with life threatening injuries. The whole of Thoothukudi city is in tense situation as to when and where attacks might happen, and whom the police might kill next.
In such a situation, Makkal Needhi
Maiam president Kamal Hassan has condemned the attacks on people and their
killing, while questioning, who gave the rights to kill people who came to
protest. He said that the irresponsible and inefficient government had ignored
people when they protested peacefully, and added that citizens are not to be
blamed, but they lose lives every time - earlier because of a factory, now
because of a government shooting order.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues