Media reports from Karachi said, amid fears the death toll could rise as the temperatures soar. Accordingly the temperature hit 44 degrees Celsius yesterday and the heat waves coincided with the month of fasting when most of the Muslims do not eat or drink during daytime. It was stated that nearly 114 bodies were brought to the Edhi Foundation's morgues in Karachi's Korangi and Sohrab Goth areas in the past three days, out of which at least 65 had died from heatstroke.
Meanwhile Faisal Edhi, who runs the foundation, was quoted as saying that the Foundation operates morgues and an ambulance service in Pakistan's biggest city Karachi. As per report most of the citizens who died from heatstroke were residents of Landhi and Korangi. Faisal said that most heatstroke victims had died at their home. Moreover the ages of people who succumbed to the ongoing heat wave in Karachi varied from six to 78 years.
Furthermore when highlighting the magnitude of the
crisis caused by the severe heat, Faisal said that the morgue in Korangi
receives around 10-11 bodies per day. Further since Saturday evening, the
morgue had received 34 bodies, while the morgue in Sohrab Goth had received 30
bodies. The report said Sindh Health Secretary Fazlullah Pechuho rejected the
notion that any of the deceased died due to heat stroke in Karachi.
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day