Agartala sources reported that Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain said of these projects, 25 are new rail line projects, which will add over 5,100 km tracks to the existing network in the mountainous region, Gohain said while flagging off a bi-weekly Humsafar Express train between Agartala and Bengaluru. Meanwhile the Ministry has sanctioned electrification of the entire rail network in the northeast.
Meanwhile the Minister said that the NFR has started work to lay the new 15-km line from Agartala to Akhaura in Bangladesh "Work is on in full swing to connect the remaining capital cities of northeastern states. Meanwhile the Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) has been extending 112 km rail line up to southern Tripura's bordering city Sanbrrom to get access to the Chittagong port in Bangladesh." Meanwhile when addressing the gathering, Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb said that after the construction of a bridge on the Feni river by December 2019, Tripura would become a gateway to the northeastern region and Bangladesh.
Furthermore the Chief Minister urged Gohain to make
all Express trains from Tripura to various parts of the country, including
Rajdhani Express, at least bi-weekly if not daily. As per report Tripura
Transport and Tourism Minister Pranajit Singha Roy, Forest and Tribal Welfare
Minister Mevar Kumar Jamatia, and NFR General Manager Sanjive Roy were also
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon Gurgaon sources stated that inaugurating the expressway, PM Modi said, "It is a significant day for Haryana and it will bring about a transport revolution in the state." Hitting out at the earlier UPA government, PM Modi said that the expressway should have been ready a decade ago, during the Commonwealth Games, but due to corruption, it was delayed.
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019