Agartala sources reported that Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain said of these projects, 25 are new rail line projects, which will add over 5,100 km tracks to the existing network in the mountainous region, Gohain said while flagging off a bi-weekly Humsafar Express train between Agartala and Bengaluru. Meanwhile the Ministry has sanctioned electrification of the entire rail network in the northeast.
Meanwhile the Minister said that the NFR has started work to lay the new 15-km line from Agartala to Akhaura in Bangladesh "Work is on in full swing to connect the remaining capital cities of northeastern states. Meanwhile the Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) has been extending 112 km rail line up to southern Tripura's bordering city Sanbrrom to get access to the Chittagong port in Bangladesh." Meanwhile when addressing the gathering, Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb said that after the construction of a bridge on the Feni river by December 2019, Tripura would become a gateway to the northeastern region and Bangladesh.
Furthermore the Chief Minister urged Gohain to make
all Express trains from Tripura to various parts of the country, including
Rajdhani Express, at least bi-weekly if not daily. As per report Tripura
Transport and Tourism Minister Pranajit Singha Roy, Forest and Tribal Welfare
Minister Mevar Kumar Jamatia, and NFR General Manager Sanjive Roy were also
BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll Hyderabad sources made a statement that lawlessness prevails in AP as police and politicians trade in accusations and counter accusations, stated the BJP. Meanwhile Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha leader Mr. Vishnuvardhan Reddy said that AP was fit to go for early polls as there was a breakdown of constitutional machinery
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!