Bengaluru sources stated that a party leader said the Congress' Karnataka President G. Parameshwara would be the Deputy Chief Minister in the Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S)-Congress coalition government. The Congress General Secretary K.C. Venugopal told reporters "Party President Rahul Gandhi has approved the name of Parameshwara for the Deputy Chief Minister post in the coalition government".
As per reports Parameshwara took oath after JD-S legislative party leader H.D. Kumarswamy sworn-in as the Chief Minister by Governor Vajubhai Vala on Wednesday evening on the grand steps of state secretariat Vidhana Soudha. Meanwhile K.R. Ramesh of the Congress will be the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly, the Congress leader said. "Deputy Speaker will be from the JD-S". Accordingly movies Deputy Speaker will be named on Thursday and names of the cabinet ministers and their portfolios will be announced after the floor test in the hung House.
Moreover the 34 member ministry will have 22 cabinet ministers from the
Congress and 12 from the JD-S. Media reports added that the JD-S-Congress
coalition government has 117 members, including one from regional party
Karnataka Pragnyavantha Janata Paksha (KPJP) and an Independent.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!