Washington sources reported that electronic devices in Pentagon areas designated for processing, handling or discussing classified information, according to a Pentagon memo released on Tuesday. Accordingly the Pentagon will continue to allow cellphones to be brought into the building after a months-long review on the issue.
Xinhua reported the memo, signed by Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, notes that cell phones can still be used in common areas and other Pentagon offices if classified information is not present. Moreover it also appears to make clear the current practice that requires phones be left in "daily-use storage containers that are located outside the secure space" where sensitive materials are handled or discussed.
As per report the new rules, which take effect
immediately and must be fully implemented within six months, apply to the
Defense Department's personnel, contractors and visitors and cover
"laptops, tablets, cellular phones, smart watches, and other devices"
that are portable, can wireless transmit information and have "a
self-contained power source." Further the policy doesn't apply to any
"mobile devices that have minimal storage and transmission capabilities
such as key fobs used for medical alert, motor vehicles, or home security
AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP Accordingly the GO states that the CBI could, however, carry out its investigation on any Central Government officials or those belonging to Central institutions who are responsible for the offences only in conjunction with the Anti-Corruption Bureau. Meanwhile with this, CBI's entry into Andhra Pradesh to carry out investigation on any Central Government employees has been restricted completely.
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?