Bengaluru sources reported that Karnataka’s new Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Deputy CM G Parameshwara addressed their first press conference after taking oath on the steps of the Vidhana Soudha on Wednesday. Meanwhile JD(S) State President Kumaraswamy, who has taken oath as CM for the second time in his political career, started off by saying that in spite of what he had said before the results about how he would not join hands with either the BJP or Congress, circumstances had changed, pushing him into forming a coalition.
Accordingly much drama ensued when the election results were declared in the state.With the state seeing a fractured mandate, the Congress, which bagged 78 seats, moved quickly to woo the JD(S), which had won 38 seats. Meanwhile despite the BJP winning 104 seats and being asked to form the government, the party was unable to show the numbers on the floor of the Assembly, and BS Yeddyurappa stepped down just two days after taking the oath as Chief Minister.
Kumaraswamy added,"We have tied our horses down and you can take only
a lifeless horse to Modi," hinting at BJP’s attempts at horse trading
earlier even though it is a coalition government, it will be a model for the
country. Moreover when a reporter asked him about the Lingayat issue, he said,
"The Lingayat issue is not a big one and he will ensure that there is no
situation where people will take to the streets.”
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues