Chennai sources reported that DMK Chief and leader of opposition Mr. M. K. Stalin was evicted following his dharna near the Chief Minister's chamber at the Tamilnadu Secretariat and was subsequently detained after he attempted to protest outside the Secretariat premises on Rajaji Salai. Previously the Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB) ordered the closure of Sterlite Copper Smelter plant in Thoothukudi with immediate effect Opposition leaders in Tamilnadu staged a dharna outside the Secretariat building.
M.K. Stalin said “He shall face any case registered against him and he would bravely take any bullet". He added that "DMK protest will continue till Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami steps down". Moreover Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami denies any charges that he refused to meet Mr. Stalin at his chamber in the Tamilnadu Secretariat office.
Edappadi said protestors in Thoothukudi were
instigated by the Opposition parties and other anti-social elements who had
vested interests. He added "The government has been taking steps to shut
down the Sterlite Copper smelter unit in Thoothukudi by taking legal
Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front? Hyderabad sources reported that K T Rama Rao, who is the son of Telangana Chief Minister and TRS President K. Chandrashekhar Rao, also known as KCR, along with some other leaders of the party will hold talks with Jaganmohan Reddy, who is the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Assembly. Meanwhile this will be the first direct talks between the leaders of two parties since KCR floated
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India