Chennai sources stated that the DMK and other opposition parties in Tamilnadu on Wednesday called for a dawn to dusk bandh on May 25, condemning the police action against protesters in Tuticorin, in which 11 people lost their lives in the last two days. Meanwhile the DMK had on Tuesday called for an all-party protest at all the district headquarters on May 25 to condemn the police firing in Tuticorin district.
Furthermore in a statement issued late night on Wednesday, the DMK said instead of the all-party protest, a bandh would be observed on May 25 to condemn the police action and demand the closure of the Sterlite copper smelting plant in Tuticorin district. Further stating that the people living in Tuticorin and its neighboring districts were angered by the police action against the agitators, the release said, "The bandh will also reflect the feelings of Tamils."
As per report "The DMK, the All India
National Congress, the Dravidar Kazhagam, the Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra
Kazhagam, the CPI, the CPI (M), the Indian Union Muslim League, the Viduthalai
Chiruthaigal Katchi and the Manithaneya Makkal Katchi will participate in the
day long state wide protest".
Rohit Sharma feels confident playing in Australia According to sources India's vice captain Rohit Sharma said the team played a few close matches in Australia the last time around, but want to make it count on the current tour. Meanwhile Rohit said it feels good to perform in Australia as it gives a player a lot of confidence.
- Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR?
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates