Chennai sources stated that the DMK and other opposition parties in Tamilnadu on Wednesday called for a dawn to dusk bandh on May 25, condemning the police action against protesters in Tuticorin, in which 11 people lost their lives in the last two days. Meanwhile the DMK had on Tuesday called for an all-party protest at all the district headquarters on May 25 to condemn the police firing in Tuticorin district.
Furthermore in a statement issued late night on Wednesday, the DMK said instead of the all-party protest, a bandh would be observed on May 25 to condemn the police action and demand the closure of the Sterlite copper smelting plant in Tuticorin district. Further stating that the people living in Tuticorin and its neighboring districts were angered by the police action against the agitators, the release said, "The bandh will also reflect the feelings of Tamils."
As per report "The DMK, the All India
National Congress, the Dravidar Kazhagam, the Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra
Kazhagam, the CPI, the CPI (M), the Indian Union Muslim League, the Viduthalai
Chiruthaigal Katchi and the Manithaneya Makkal Katchi will participate in the
day long state wide protest".
Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India New Delhi sources stated that popular video sharing platform TikTok, owned by Chinese tech company ByteDance said the company was committed to maintaining a safe and positive in-app environment for its users in India. Meanwhile when reacting to a report on how Hindu chauvinistic videos thrive on TikTok, ByteDance said that the video sharing app as well as its social media platform
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?