Chennai sources stated that the DMK and other opposition parties in Tamilnadu on Wednesday called for a dawn to dusk bandh on May 25, condemning the police action against protesters in Tuticorin, in which 11 people lost their lives in the last two days. Meanwhile the DMK had on Tuesday called for an all-party protest at all the district headquarters on May 25 to condemn the police firing in Tuticorin district.
Furthermore in a statement issued late night on Wednesday, the DMK said instead of the all-party protest, a bandh would be observed on May 25 to condemn the police action and demand the closure of the Sterlite copper smelting plant in Tuticorin district. Further stating that the people living in Tuticorin and its neighboring districts were angered by the police action against the agitators, the release said, "The bandh will also reflect the feelings of Tamils."
As per report "The DMK, the All India
National Congress, the Dravidar Kazhagam, the Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra
Kazhagam, the CPI, the CPI (M), the Indian Union Muslim League, the Viduthalai
Chiruthaigal Katchi and the Manithaneya Makkal Katchi will participate in the
day long state wide protest".
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections