Tuticorin sources stated that tensions continue to grip Tamilnadu’s Tuticorin after 13 people were killed in clashes between security personnel and locals demanding closure of a copper factory over pollution concerns. Meanwhile violence erupted in the city two days ago as people protested against the Vedanta-owned Sterlite copper plant.
As per report 10 people were killed after the police opened fire on a rally on Tuesday, which marked the 100th day of demonstrations. Moreover amid the opposition’s criticisms, the state government constituted a Commission of Inquiry headed by retired Madras High Court judge Aruna Jagadeesan to probe the violence. Meanwhile the Union Home Ministry has, meanwhile, sought a report from the Tamilnadu government on the circumstances leading to police firing on protesters.
Accordingly the internet services in Tuticorin and adjoining districts of Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari have also been suspended till May 27 to prevent spread of rumors through social media. Moreover if someone is attacked, the natural course would be to defend and safeguard them. TN Chief Minister Palanisamy added “The entire episode which happened was primarily because of certain political parties, NGOs and anti-social elements, who took protesters to a wrong path”.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million