Tuticorin sources added that stating that main demand of shutting down Sterlite plant has already been met, the newly appointed Thoothukudi district collector Sandeep Nanduri has appealed to the people to cooperate with the government to restore normalcy in the district, rocked by violence for the past three days.
Meanwhile when speaking to media persons, in the presence of senior IAS officers P.W.C. Dawidar and Gagandeep Singh Bedi, IG (South Zone) Shailesh Kumar Yadav and SP Murali Rambha, in Thoothukudi on Thursday Nanduri said the major demand of the people was closure of Sterlite unit. Already, power connection and water link to the industry have been snapped. Accordingly the Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB) has ordered the closure of Sterlite Copper Smelter plant with immediate effect and disconnected electricity supply to the unit on Thursday morning.
Moreover he appealed the people to cooperate with
the district administration in bringing back normalcy in Thoothukudi. Further Sandeep Nanduri said according to preliminary estimate
properties including vehicles were damaged. Furthermore a total of 98 vehicles
including 24 cars were totally destroyed and 46 vehicles damaged partially and
also said properties worth `29 lakh were damaged.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?