Seoul sources added that North Korea on Thursday carried out what it said is the demolition of its nuclear test site in the presence of foreign journalists. Meanwhile the Punggye-ri site in Kilju, North Hamgyong province, was regarded as one of the most important facilities in North Korea's nuclear weapons program, along with the Yongbyon complex.
As per report all six of the North's nuclear tests were carried out there, including the latest and most powerful detonation in September. Yonhap news agency reported that it is surrounded by more than 1,000-metre-high mountains and built into underground granite rocks, experts say that Punggye-ri had the optimal geographic conditions to withstand detonation shocks and reduce the risk of radioactive leaks.
Moreover it had four underground tunnels, which were said to have been
constructed in order to prevent hazardous gas or debris from rupturing out.
Accordingly multiple partition walls and locking doors were also installed to
minimize risks. Further it is said that the North's first nuclear test in 2006
was conducted at the eastern tunnel. It was closed due to radioactive
contamination. Meanwhile some say that the North has completed its nuclear
technology and does not need to conduct tests anymore.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees