Washington sources reported that US president Trump government's move to cancel work visa to certain categories of H-4 Visa holders is in the last stage, the authorities told the US court and the H-4 visas are issued to the spouses of H-1B visa holders. Meanwhile this latest move would affect nearly 70,000 Indian techies.
Media reports stated that the H-4 visa is an Obama-era administration's executive order where spouses of H-1B visa holders too could legally work in the US. Accordingly the rule is currently in final clearance and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) told a federal court that the proposal, after getting DHS' clearance, will be sent to the Office of Management and Budget for review under Executive Order for regulatory and planning review.
Previously a group of 130 US lawmakers led by
Indian-American Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal appealed to the Trump
administration to continue issuing work authorization to certain spouses of
non-immigrant workers holding H-1B visas. Accordingly nearly 93% of the
total H-4 visa holders in the US having work authorization are Indians and the
final notification to rescind the work authorization is expected to be
published in June.
Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS? According to sources AP Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu revealed that he wanted to contest the elections in alliance with the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) in Telangana state but the BJP had spoiled these plans. Meanwhile he claimed that if the TDP and TRS ally, the Telugu people would become strong. Hence the BJP had created differences and spoiled the alliance between the TDP and TRS.
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi