Tuticorin sources stated that after Sterlite protest presently the place had returned to 50% normalcy and the traffic was moving freely and shops opened in the first half of the day. Meanwhile the vegetable market also saw buyers wanting to stack up on essentials in this uncertain time, but there is more to the situation than meets the eye. Accordingly CM is making his visit to Tuticorin for just an hour to console family members whose men have died in the protest.
Murugan who runs an auto rickshaw in the city said “The situation is not normal". Moreover he cites examples of the burning of a state transport bus on Friday and hurling of a petrol bomb at Kulathur police station this morning. “You know there are many dead bodies in the hospital,” he added while tension crept into his face.
Earlier on Friday,
after hearing a bunch of petitions filed by activists and advocates, the
Madurai bench of the Madras high court had directed the district administration
to bring Thoothukudi back to normalcy
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India