According to sources the remarks came days after TDP chief and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu shared dais with Rahul Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi and the leaders of several regional parties at the swearing-in of HD Kumaraswamy as the CM of the Congress-JD(S) alliance in Karnataka. Earlier AP has been seeking special category status from the Centra on the grounds that it is at a disadvantage, especially after the loss of capital Hyderabad to Telangana.
Previously in March, the TDP withdrew from the NDA government over the Centre's refusal to grant special status to the state. Meanwhile when asked why the TDP did not pull out of the NDA government for four years, he said "We did not withdraw the support earlier because we were dependent on the Centre and moreover the state would have suffered a lot had we done that. We waited for four years for the central government to make good on its promises to Andhra Pradesh."
Furthermore when asked if Naidu could be projected
as the prime ministerial candidate of the "third front", which a few
regional parties have been mooting for some time as an alternative to the
Congress and the BJP, the minister said "Chandrababu Naidu will be
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu