Washington sources reported that the controversy surrounding the $50 million donation from not for profit Tata Trusts to the Harvard Business School in 2010 has now reached the American shores with a leading Conservative website questioning the globally prestigious institution for accepting “questionable funds” that should otherwise have been “used for the welfare of the poor.”
Meanwhile that was against “every tenet of good (corporate) governance”, Alex Beard, director of a Washington based global financial advisory firm and a former professor from Georgetown University, said in a signed article. Accordingly Beard also questioned Harvard’s moral obligation, asking if it would return the funds “or rectify it in some other way”.
Moreover the 2010 donation agreement the largest from an international
donor in the 102-year history of the Harvard between HBS Dean Nitin Nohria and
business magnate Ratan Tata that resulted in the subsequent construction of
Tata Hall in 2013 is under a parliamentary scrutiny in India. Further a sub-panel
of the Public Accounts Committee was looking into the $50 million donation and
other such gift pacts, suspecting the money may have been donated in violation
of tax rules, according to a member of the panel.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code