The Tamilnadu government has issued an order to seal and permanently shut down the Sterlite copper plant in Thoothukudi. Following continuous protests by the people of Thoothukudi, and the recent unfortunate incidents, the government has issued a government order to close the killer factory.
The people of Thoothukudi have been protesting against the Vedanta groups and demanding the closure of the Sterlite factory for more than 90 days. However on last Tuesday, which happened to be the 100th day of the protest, police had turned violent and attacked the innocent civilians who were protesting and this sudden act of the cops had ended with the death of more than 13 innocents.
While still more than 50-60 people are in hospital with heavy injuries, the government has given an order to close the factory. With this order, the factory will be sealed and closed permanently, and the protesters and people have thanked the government for finally listening to their request.
YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home Accordingly YSR Congress President Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy is being repeatedly criticized on social media for being unhelpful to a driver. Meanwhile the driver named Baya Reddy who lives in Raja Reddy Colony in Pulivendula reached out to Chief Minister's Relief Fund for financial assistance for medical treatment.
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards