The Tamilnadu government has issued an order to seal and permanently shut down the Sterlite copper plant in Thoothukudi. Following continuous protests by the people of Thoothukudi, and the recent unfortunate incidents, the government has issued a government order to close the killer factory.
The people of Thoothukudi have been protesting against the Vedanta groups and demanding the closure of the Sterlite factory for more than 90 days. However on last Tuesday, which happened to be the 100th day of the protest, police had turned violent and attacked the innocent civilians who were protesting and this sudden act of the cops had ended with the death of more than 13 innocents.
While still more than 50-60 people are in hospital with heavy injuries, the government has given an order to close the factory. With this order, the factory will be sealed and closed permanently, and the protesters and people have thanked the government for finally listening to their request.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam