The Tamilnadu government has issued an order to seal and permanently shut down the Sterlite copper plant in Thoothukudi. Following continuous protests by the people of Thoothukudi, and the recent unfortunate incidents, the government has issued a government order to close the killer factory.
The people of Thoothukudi have been protesting against the Vedanta groups and demanding the closure of the Sterlite factory for more than 90 days. However on last Tuesday, which happened to be the 100th day of the protest, police had turned violent and attacked the innocent civilians who were protesting and this sudden act of the cops had ended with the death of more than 13 innocents.
While still more than 50-60 people are in hospital with heavy injuries, the government has given an order to close the factory. With this order, the factory will be sealed and closed permanently, and the protesters and people have thanked the government for finally listening to their request.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!