Amazon India is out to expand its presence in India in multiple verticals and its latest decision to invest $12 million in insurance vertical Acko, which holds a license to issue policies in the non-life categories. Meanwhile this is not the first such investment by Amazon in the Indian fin-tech startups; though it is the first insurance company it has picked up to invest in.
Moreover it invested Rs 144 crore in Capital Float, an online lending portal and picked up a minority stake in BankBazaar. Acko Technologies is the parent company that operates the Acko General Insurance business online and uses the latest technology to process applications for insurance policies online and issues them to individuals and businesses. Further as indicated already the company operates in the non-life insurance space.
Amit Agarwal, SVP and Country Manager, Amazon
India, in a statement said “Acko is a young and nimble start-up bringing
technology and data-led innovation to the insurance sector to deliver a better
insurance experience for customers and they are excited to back companies that
are focused on using technology for enhanced customer experience and are led by
missionary founders and management teams and looks forward to be a part of
their growth journey”. Furthermore the founder of Acko, Varun Dua, already runs
another insurance site, CoverFox, which does aggregation of polices and many of
the making investments in Acko have made investments in CoverFox as well.
10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing Beijing sources reported that around 10,000 people are expected to take part in a "Plant-Based Festival" in Beijing this weekend as many people in China are pursuing healthy, eco-friendly and trendy lifestyles and has prompted especially the younger generation, to go Vegan. Meanwhile when featuring
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment