Amazon India is out to expand its presence in India in multiple verticals and its latest decision to invest $12 million in insurance vertical Acko, which holds a license to issue policies in the non-life categories. Meanwhile this is not the first such investment by Amazon in the Indian fin-tech startups; though it is the first insurance company it has picked up to invest in.
Moreover it invested Rs 144 crore in Capital Float, an online lending portal and picked up a minority stake in BankBazaar. Acko Technologies is the parent company that operates the Acko General Insurance business online and uses the latest technology to process applications for insurance policies online and issues them to individuals and businesses. Further as indicated already the company operates in the non-life insurance space.
Amit Agarwal, SVP and Country Manager, Amazon
India, in a statement said “Acko is a young and nimble start-up bringing
technology and data-led innovation to the insurance sector to deliver a better
insurance experience for customers and they are excited to back companies that
are focused on using technology for enhanced customer experience and are led by
missionary founders and management teams and looks forward to be a part of
their growth journey”. Furthermore the founder of Acko, Varun Dua, already runs
another insurance site, CoverFox, which does aggregation of polices and many of
the making investments in Acko have made investments in CoverFox as well.
4 soldiers die in a fight! Earlier yesterday morning, the defense forces had a gunfight with militants in terrorist prone Pulwama area in Jammu and Kashmir, and in this fight, 4 soldiers lost their lives. Today morning, the defense forces started an encounter operation against terrorists hiding in Pinglan area of Pulwama district.
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know