Amazon India is out to expand its presence in India in multiple verticals and its latest decision to invest $12 million in insurance vertical Acko, which holds a license to issue policies in the non-life categories. Meanwhile this is not the first such investment by Amazon in the Indian fin-tech startups; though it is the first insurance company it has picked up to invest in.
Moreover it invested Rs 144 crore in Capital Float, an online lending portal and picked up a minority stake in BankBazaar. Acko Technologies is the parent company that operates the Acko General Insurance business online and uses the latest technology to process applications for insurance policies online and issues them to individuals and businesses. Further as indicated already the company operates in the non-life insurance space.
Amit Agarwal, SVP and Country Manager, Amazon
India, in a statement said “Acko is a young and nimble start-up bringing
technology and data-led innovation to the insurance sector to deliver a better
insurance experience for customers and they are excited to back companies that
are focused on using technology for enhanced customer experience and are led by
missionary founders and management teams and looks forward to be a part of
their growth journey”. Furthermore the founder of Acko, Varun Dua, already runs
another insurance site, CoverFox, which does aggregation of polices and many of
the making investments in Acko have made investments in CoverFox as well.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy