Chennai sources reported that seven tonnes of mangoes and 2 kg of papaya worth nearly Rs 5 lakh were seized on Monday, from the Koyambedu market in Chennai. As per report police also found 3 kg of an artificial ripening agent ethylene and disposed of fruits worth Rs 4.8 lakh in the Koyambedu bio-methanisation plant.
Meanwhile in the 4 hour long raid which started at 4am on Monday, the police checked 44 shops out of which 39 were found to be using artificial ripeners in their fruits, while 15% of the shopkeepers use artificial ripening agents, the rest use ripening chamber to mature the fruits. Furthermore to ripen mangoes, shopkeepers leave packets of ethylene for a few hours after shops close for the night. They remove them after a few hours and the mangoes would have ripened.
Further the police officers told for papayas,
baking soda is mixed in a 20-litre container of water and the fruits are
exposed to the escaping carbon dioxide in the holes in the container, and
moreover the shopkeepers admitted that they used artificial agents but denied
that these artificial agents caused heath problems.
Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it! Former Indian swashbuckling opening batsman Virender Sehwag has challenged that though Indian Skipper, run machine Virat Kohli has been making new records and breaking existing records, smashing most of the records of Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, he won't be able to overcome several records. Kolhi has been on a rampage as he has been breaking records one after the other with every match and he is literally unstoppable.
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?