Sterlite copper plant of Thoothukudi, which had previously been close thrice and reopened, has been closed for the 4 time now. Due to this reason, people of Thoothukudi are yet to believe the government action of sealing the factory.
Sterlite factory, in 1996 had emitted sulphur dioxide and other toxic gases as well, leading to people being impacted physically, with them facing respiratory diseases and eye infections. Following such huge effects on health, people had filed cases against the industry in high court. The High court had directed the National Environmental engineering research institute to analyze the situation and submit a report. After the report going negative, the factory was closed.
However it was reopened sooner after
testing for 2 months. In 2010, again a court order was directed to close the
plant or pay a penalty of 100 crores and operate. Even in 2013, after a report
from pollution control board, the plant was closed and reopened. With this
situation, people are now not able to believe the government order to close the
factory 4th time.
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India