The 100th day of strike in Thoothukudi by people against Sterlite, had ended in a violent outburst after cops had attacked innocent protesters, Killing 13 people. However yesterday, the government had yesterday issued a government and order to seal and close Sterlite factory permanently.
Besides, the pollution control board had also turned down the plan to run the factory and had also blocked the power supply. As an impact of the closure of the industry, the shares of Vedanta group had taken a dip by 6.21%, and in Indian rupees got a drastic reduction to 237.90 rupees.
However due to high indigenous
investors, the shares have increased by 1% to 250.95 rupees. Looking at the
agony of Thoothukudi people and the deaths, unlike Indian political parties,
the labor party one of the powerful parties of UK had requested to blacklist
Vedanta from UK stock market. John McDonnell, the shadow chancellor of UK had
also come down against Vedanta, and following the downfall, Anil Agarwal of
Vedanta group is in chaos.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers