The 100th day of strike in Thoothukudi by people against Sterlite, had ended in a violent outburst after cops had attacked innocent protesters, Killing 13 people. However yesterday, the government had yesterday issued a government and order to seal and close Sterlite factory permanently.
Besides, the pollution control board had also turned down the plan to run the factory and had also blocked the power supply. As an impact of the closure of the industry, the shares of Vedanta group had taken a dip by 6.21%, and in Indian rupees got a drastic reduction to 237.90 rupees.
However due to high indigenous
investors, the shares have increased by 1% to 250.95 rupees. Looking at the
agony of Thoothukudi people and the deaths, unlike Indian political parties,
the labor party one of the powerful parties of UK had requested to blacklist
Vedanta from UK stock market. John McDonnell, the shadow chancellor of UK had
also come down against Vedanta, and following the downfall, Anil Agarwal of
Vedanta group is in chaos.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day