The 100th day of strike in Thoothukudi by people against Sterlite, had ended in a violent outburst after cops had attacked innocent protesters, Killing 13 people. However yesterday, the government had yesterday issued a government and order to seal and close Sterlite factory permanently.
Besides, the pollution control board had also turned down the plan to run the factory and had also blocked the power supply. As an impact of the closure of the industry, the shares of Vedanta group had taken a dip by 6.21%, and in Indian rupees got a drastic reduction to 237.90 rupees.
However due to high indigenous
investors, the shares have increased by 1% to 250.95 rupees. Looking at the
agony of Thoothukudi people and the deaths, unlike Indian political parties,
the labor party one of the powerful parties of UK had requested to blacklist
Vedanta from UK stock market. John McDonnell, the shadow chancellor of UK had
also come down against Vedanta, and following the downfall, Anil Agarwal of
Vedanta group is in chaos.
"Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app According to sources aiming to take on mobile dating apps such as Tinder and Bumble, social networking giant Facebook started testing its new dating product in Colombia. As per report "At first glance, 'Facebook Dating' closely resembles its competitor Hinge. Both depart from the swiping model popularized by Tinder in favor of asking users to answer question prompts and start conversations based on something in a person's profile".
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?