After the Thoothukudi protests against Sterlite had turned violent with cops shooting and killing 13 innocent civilians, an order was passed to ban internet in the city for 4 days, as a supposed measure to avoid spreading of false information.
When the order was passed, even the Madurai bench of Madras High court had come down against it, questioning that while internet shutdown in Thoothukudi alone can prevent rumors from spreading, why it was done in Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari. In case of Snowlin who was brutally killed in the protests, her family was not able to get updates on her body.
The court had ordered to preserving
the body, snowlin's family members were asked to sign postmortem formality
papers. With internet shutdown, people who were running out of talk time
balance could not recharge mobiles or communicate through WhatsApp or Facebook
and even the shops were closed due to 144 implementation, making even recharges
impossible. The internet shutdown had also resulted in lack of communication
and economic losses.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome