According to sources former President and Congress senior leader Pranab is not just a big name with vast experience, his West Bengal roots may impress Mamata Banerjee and Congress too may not finally say no since Pranab hails from Congress and has always revered as 'loyalist' to Gandhi family since he got his first break from Indira Gandhi when she made him Rajya Sabha MP in 1969 and later made him minister in her cabinet in 1973.
Meanwhile on the other hand, Pranab too has a strong desire to become the PM personally and had expressed his interest to become PM openly in the past on several occasions. While he had been expecting to become PM, situations somehow didn't favor him. Accordingly Manmohan Singh was given the opportunity and Pranab had to settle with Finance Minister. Further Pranab was seen as 'No. 2' in Manmohan's government until he became India's 13th President in 2012.
Presently speculations are rife that Pranab had played role behind Mamata
and KCR's meet. Moreover it is also said Pranab had conducted talks with BJD
chief and Orissa CM Naveen Patnaik. Further, Pranab also maintains close
relation with ex PM and JD(S) supreme Deve Gowda along with BJP's senior leader
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day