As per latest report a Kannada film industry official said Karnataka film distributors and exhibitors have decided not to screen Rajinikanth starrer "Kaala" in theatres across the state to protest the superstar's stand on the Cauvery river water row with Tamilnadu.
Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce (KFCC) President Sa Ra Govindu told "In view of the public outrage over Rajinikanth's recent remarks on the setting up of a Cauvery Management Board, distributors and exhibitors have decided not to screen any version his movie 'Kaala' in any theatre in the state, and we welcome it”. Meanwhile when clarifying that the Kannada film industry was not against Rajinikanth, who hails from Bengaluru, Govindu said there was no ban on the new Tamil film.
He said the fraternity had decided to support the decision not to screen
it to avoid precipitating the issue and respect public sentiment against his
views on the inter-state river water dispute between Karnataka and Tamilnadu. Govindu
added "Though the distributors and exhibitors would have invested a lot in
buying the rights of the film months before its release, we appreciate their
decision not to screen it in the largest public interest and to maintain peace
in the state”.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!