As per latest report a Kannada film industry official said Karnataka film distributors and exhibitors have decided not to screen Rajinikanth starrer "Kaala" in theatres across the state to protest the superstar's stand on the Cauvery river water row with Tamilnadu.
Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce (KFCC) President Sa Ra Govindu told "In view of the public outrage over Rajinikanth's recent remarks on the setting up of a Cauvery Management Board, distributors and exhibitors have decided not to screen any version his movie 'Kaala' in any theatre in the state, and we welcome it”. Meanwhile when clarifying that the Kannada film industry was not against Rajinikanth, who hails from Bengaluru, Govindu said there was no ban on the new Tamil film.
He said the fraternity had decided to support the decision not to screen
it to avoid precipitating the issue and respect public sentiment against his
views on the inter-state river water dispute between Karnataka and Tamilnadu. Govindu
added "Though the distributors and exhibitors would have invested a lot in
buying the rights of the film months before its release, we appreciate their
decision not to screen it in the largest public interest and to maintain peace
in the state”.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers