As per latest report a Kannada film industry official said Karnataka film distributors and exhibitors have decided not to screen Rajinikanth starrer "Kaala" in theatres across the state to protest the superstar's stand on the Cauvery river water row with Tamilnadu.
Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce (KFCC) President Sa Ra Govindu told "In view of the public outrage over Rajinikanth's recent remarks on the setting up of a Cauvery Management Board, distributors and exhibitors have decided not to screen any version his movie 'Kaala' in any theatre in the state, and we welcome it”. Meanwhile when clarifying that the Kannada film industry was not against Rajinikanth, who hails from Bengaluru, Govindu said there was no ban on the new Tamil film.
He said the fraternity had decided to support the decision not to screen
it to avoid precipitating the issue and respect public sentiment against his
views on the inter-state river water dispute between Karnataka and Tamilnadu. Govindu
added "Though the distributors and exhibitors would have invested a lot in
buying the rights of the film months before its release, we appreciate their
decision not to screen it in the largest public interest and to maintain peace
in the state”.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam