According to sources from Bengaluru Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Deputy Chief Minister G Parameshwara met farmer group leaders from 30 districts and sought their suggestions on a proposal for waiving loans of farmers on Wednesday. Meanwhile Kumaraswamy did not announce the waiver of loans of farmers, he revealed that loans of all farmers would be waived and the scheme implemented in two phases in the next fifteen days.
Moreover during the course of the two hour long meeting, it became clear that the first hurdle for the newly formed JD(S)-Congress coalition government was going to be the contentious issue of waiving loans of farmers in the state. Accordingly the BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa, who was the Chief Minister of the state for two days, had threatened a state wide stir on May 28 if the Kumaraswamy government did not waive farmer loans.
Furthermore the call for a protest received a
lukewarm response, Kumaraswamy wasted little time in setting up a meeting with
farmer group representatives from all 30 districts in the state. As per
report the loan waiver would include all agricultural loans including crop
loans, horticulture loans, and medium-term loans availed by the farmers of the
Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter Los Angeles sources stated that President Donald Trump likely had a free speech right to make a Twitter comment disputing allegations by adult film actress Stormy Daniels, a federal judge said on Monday, indicating he was inclined to dismiss her defamation lawsuit against Trump. Meanwhile Daniels, whose real name
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!