With the victory in the elections held in Ambadi constituency of Meghalaya, the Congress party has decided to approach the governor of Meghalaya to form the government in the state. In the recently held by election in Ambadi district of Meghalaya, Congress party candidate, Myani Di Shira, Daughter of former chief minister Mukul Sangma has won comfortably.
Following this Victory, the strength of Congress in Meghalaya has increased to 21 seats. There are a total of 60 Seats, and with the majority needed being 31 Seats, none had majority earlier. The people's national party and Congress both had 20 seats each and hence governor had requested people's party to form the government.
Now with the number of seats won by
Congress becoming 21, they have decided to request the governor to form the
government. It must be noted that in a similar fashion, post Karnataka
elections, Congress had wanted to form government in Bihar, Goa and Manipur.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!