With the victory in the elections held in Ambadi constituency of Meghalaya, the Congress party has decided to approach the governor of Meghalaya to form the government in the state. In the recently held by election in Ambadi district of Meghalaya, Congress party candidate, Myani Di Shira, Daughter of former chief minister Mukul Sangma has won comfortably.
Following this Victory, the strength of Congress in Meghalaya has increased to 21 seats. There are a total of 60 Seats, and with the majority needed being 31 Seats, none had majority earlier. The people's national party and Congress both had 20 seats each and hence governor had requested people's party to form the government.
Now with the number of seats won by
Congress becoming 21, they have decided to request the governor to form the
government. It must be noted that in a similar fashion, post Karnataka
elections, Congress had wanted to form government in Bihar, Goa and Manipur.
Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana? Reportedly congratulating KCR garu for winning the Assembly elections in Telangana,” said Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu in a tweet on Tuesday afternoon as it became clear that his nemesis K Chandrasekhar Rao was not just set for a comeback, but a sweeping victory in the Telangana polls.
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas
- Will Revanth Reddy quit politics?
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery
- Chennai likely to receive Rainfall this Weekend
- Huge damage for BJP in Assembly Elections!