Media reports added that on the outskirts of Thoothukudi in Tamilnadu, 34 year old Karthiban has gone into a deep depression. He crouched on a stone slab, frantically chewing fingernails on his left hand, he said “He tried, tried to live. But he needed to die, and dying is better than living without his right hand”. Previously Karthiban got injured in 2017 while working at Sterlite’s copper plant here.
Moreover after working for four years in the plant, his medical expenses were covered by ESI (Employees’ State Insurance) payments, but his long wait for a pension of Rs 5,000 that he is entitled to, continues. Accordingly the amount is a pittance compared to his loss, but even that is nowhere in sight. Furthermore there is a deafening silence on the streets and little celebration, as the plant’s closure announcement has changed everything for workers. Further a total of 3,500 workers may be laid off while another 30,000-40,000 people work for it indirectly, in ancillary units of one kind or another, are likely to be affected.
As per report Karthiban is one among the many
injured workers who have not yet received compensation from Sterlite, but some
settlements for families whose breadwinners have died in the factory premises
go up to lakhs of rupees, and are settled unofficially, claims Adhisaya Kumar,
a lawyer who has been fighting cases on behalf of Sterlite workers.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open