Washington sources reported that Indian-American former CEO of a Detroit-based IT company in the US has pleaded guilty to bribing a city official. The officials said Parimal D. Mehta, 54, of Northville, was the CEO of FutureNet Group Inc. He was accused of participating in a scheme to bribe a Detroit official to get benefits for the company, said Acting Assistant Attorney General John P. Cronan of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division.
Meanwhile Mehta pleaded guilty on Wednesday to one count of federal program bribery before US District Judge Robert H. Cleland of the Eastern District of Michigan. He is expected to be sentenced on September 27. Moreover in his plea deal, Mehta admitted that from 2009 through August 2016, he hand-delivered over $6,500 to Charles L. Dodd, the former director of Detroit’s Office of Departmental Technology Services, including two cash bribes paid in the restroom of a Detroit-area restaurant in 2016.
Previously Dodd had pleaded guilty to bribery September 27, 2016.
Furthermore according to the plea agreement, Mehta wanted preferential
treatment for FutureNet in exchange for the bribes he paid to Dodd.
Moreover Mehta also asked Dodd to supply him with confidential information
regarding Detroit’s internal operations, including information regarding
Detroit’s internal budgets for particular technology projects and personnel to
benefit FutureNet in its dealings with Detroit.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open