Washington sources reported that Indian-American former CEO of a Detroit-based IT company in the US has pleaded guilty to bribing a city official. The officials said Parimal D. Mehta, 54, of Northville, was the CEO of FutureNet Group Inc. He was accused of participating in a scheme to bribe a Detroit official to get benefits for the company, said Acting Assistant Attorney General John P. Cronan of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division.
Meanwhile Mehta pleaded guilty on Wednesday to one count of federal program bribery before US District Judge Robert H. Cleland of the Eastern District of Michigan. He is expected to be sentenced on September 27. Moreover in his plea deal, Mehta admitted that from 2009 through August 2016, he hand-delivered over $6,500 to Charles L. Dodd, the former director of Detroit’s Office of Departmental Technology Services, including two cash bribes paid in the restroom of a Detroit-area restaurant in 2016.
Previously Dodd had pleaded guilty to bribery September 27, 2016.
Furthermore according to the plea agreement, Mehta wanted preferential
treatment for FutureNet in exchange for the bribes he paid to Dodd.
Moreover Mehta also asked Dodd to supply him with confidential information
regarding Detroit’s internal operations, including information regarding
Detroit’s internal budgets for particular technology projects and personnel to
benefit FutureNet in its dealings with Detroit.
P. Chidambaram questions KCR about providing 1 Lakh Govt Jobs Accordingly Rajya Sabha MP, Congress leader and former Finance Minister P Chidambaram questioned the Telangana Rashtra Samiti government in Telangana on the promises it made when it came to power in 2014. Chidambaram in a statement “Although this is a State election, Telangana is one of five States that are holding elections in November-December. Hence, these elections have acquired a national
- Can you guess who Winner of Telangana Elections is?
- Vijayashanthi upset for not having photos of Female Leaders in posters?
- Amit Shah accused Pinarayi government treating Ayyappa devotees like Gulag inmates
- USD 1.3 billion aid to Pakistan will remain suspended: Donald Trump
- TRS loses MP close to election!
- Father kills daughter brutally!
- Fresh revelations on dog meat controversy!
- Is Central govt watching Gaja?
- Chennai to get Rain for next 48 Hours
- What is the mood inside Janasena party?
- Konda Vishweshwar Reddy quits TRS, joins Congress
- Sachin says Sports & Education should go together
- Delhi faces Poor Air Quality in Mornings
- Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?