Washington sources reported that Indian-American former CEO of a Detroit-based IT company in the US has pleaded guilty to bribing a city official. The officials said Parimal D. Mehta, 54, of Northville, was the CEO of FutureNet Group Inc. He was accused of participating in a scheme to bribe a Detroit official to get benefits for the company, said Acting Assistant Attorney General John P. Cronan of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division.
Meanwhile Mehta pleaded guilty on Wednesday to one count of federal program bribery before US District Judge Robert H. Cleland of the Eastern District of Michigan. He is expected to be sentenced on September 27. Moreover in his plea deal, Mehta admitted that from 2009 through August 2016, he hand-delivered over $6,500 to Charles L. Dodd, the former director of Detroit’s Office of Departmental Technology Services, including two cash bribes paid in the restroom of a Detroit-area restaurant in 2016.
Previously Dodd had pleaded guilty to bribery September 27, 2016.
Furthermore according to the plea agreement, Mehta wanted preferential
treatment for FutureNet in exchange for the bribes he paid to Dodd.
Moreover Mehta also asked Dodd to supply him with confidential information
regarding Detroit’s internal operations, including information regarding
Detroit’s internal budgets for particular technology projects and personnel to
benefit FutureNet in its dealings with Detroit.
Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months Washington sources reported that the Trump administration may deny green cards to immigrants who have availed or may avail government benefits including food and cash assistance under new rules which could negatively affect hundreds of thousands of Indians living in the US. Meanwhile the
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?