Singapore sources added that Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday had launched three Indian mobile payment apps in Singapore at a business event aimed at internationalization of the country's digital payment platform. Meanwhile at the 'Business, Innovation and Community Event' where digital platform was the main feature, PM Modi launched India's BHIM, RuPay and SBI app.
As per report India's RuPay digital payments system was linked up with Singapore's 33-year old Network for Electronic Transfers (NETS). Accordingly RuPay users will be able to make payments at all of NETS acceptance points across Singapore. Meanwhile the holders of Singapore NETS will be able to make online purchase on any National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) e-commerce merchant website in India, using 2.8 million RuPay point of sale terminals in India.
Furthermore the industry observers said it
would create multi-billion dollar transactions as some five million Indians
travel to and transit through Singapore, internationalizing the RuPay beginning
with the first cross border usage. Moreover the remittance of up to Rupees
100,000 will be made quick, easy and convenient with the help of Virtual
Payment Address (VPA). Media report added this service will be available to all
savings account holders of SBI Singapore. SBI has six branches in Singapore as
well as Auto Teller Machines (ATMs).
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open