Singapore sources added that Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday had launched three Indian mobile payment apps in Singapore at a business event aimed at internationalization of the country's digital payment platform. Meanwhile at the 'Business, Innovation and Community Event' where digital platform was the main feature, PM Modi launched India's BHIM, RuPay and SBI app.
As per report India's RuPay digital payments system was linked up with Singapore's 33-year old Network for Electronic Transfers (NETS). Accordingly RuPay users will be able to make payments at all of NETS acceptance points across Singapore. Meanwhile the holders of Singapore NETS will be able to make online purchase on any National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) e-commerce merchant website in India, using 2.8 million RuPay point of sale terminals in India.
Furthermore the industry observers said it
would create multi-billion dollar transactions as some five million Indians
travel to and transit through Singapore, internationalizing the RuPay beginning
with the first cross border usage. Moreover the remittance of up to Rupees
100,000 will be made quick, easy and convenient with the help of Virtual
Payment Address (VPA). Media report added this service will be available to all
savings account holders of SBI Singapore. SBI has six branches in Singapore as
well as Auto Teller Machines (ATMs).
UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1 Lucknow sources stated that government doctors in Uttar Pradesh under the banner of Provincial Medical Services Association UP announced their decision to wear black bands on October 1 in support of their demands including promotion issues and non-practice allowance. A statement issued by the association said "Government doctors across the state will register their protest
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee