Singapore sources added that Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday had launched three Indian mobile payment apps in Singapore at a business event aimed at internationalization of the country's digital payment platform. Meanwhile at the 'Business, Innovation and Community Event' where digital platform was the main feature, PM Modi launched India's BHIM, RuPay and SBI app.
As per report India's RuPay digital payments system was linked up with Singapore's 33-year old Network for Electronic Transfers (NETS). Accordingly RuPay users will be able to make payments at all of NETS acceptance points across Singapore. Meanwhile the holders of Singapore NETS will be able to make online purchase on any National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) e-commerce merchant website in India, using 2.8 million RuPay point of sale terminals in India.
Furthermore the industry observers said it
would create multi-billion dollar transactions as some five million Indians
travel to and transit through Singapore, internationalizing the RuPay beginning
with the first cross border usage. Moreover the remittance of up to Rupees
100,000 will be made quick, easy and convenient with the help of Virtual
Payment Address (VPA). Media report added this service will be available to all
savings account holders of SBI Singapore. SBI has six branches in Singapore as
well as Auto Teller Machines (ATMs).
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code