As per report when asked by a reporter about the ability of the US to "blow apart" one of China's controversial man-made islands, Lt. Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, director of the Joint Staff, said on Thursday "He would just tell you that the US military has had a lot of experience in the Western Pacific taking down small islands."
Meanwhile his comments come amid growing tension in highly contested region, as the US ramps up freedom of navigation operations in response to China's steady militarization of its artificial islands. Accordingly the US Navy sailed two warships within 12 nautical miles of the disputed Paracel Islands last week, the first time it has used more than one vessel in the operations, which are meant to demonstrate the right of free passage in international waters.
Earlier on Wednesday, Admral Harry Harris,
outgoing head of the US Indo-Pacific Command, said China was the US's
"biggest long-term challenge" in the region. As per report the
Chinese government has reacted furiously to the recent US statements. Furthermore
at her regular press conference on Thursday, Chinese Foreign Ministry
spokeswoman Hua Chunying said the US accusing China of militarizing the region
was "like a thief crying, 'Stop thief!'".
Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks! The investigation in the Kodanadu estate death case has reached a intense point, as the two main accused Manoj and Sayan were arrested yesterday. The sensational Kodanadu estate case has turned out to be the most talked about issue in Tamilnadu politics with new shocking updates unraveling the mystery.
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post