As per report when asked by a reporter about the ability of the US to "blow apart" one of China's controversial man-made islands, Lt. Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, director of the Joint Staff, said on Thursday "He would just tell you that the US military has had a lot of experience in the Western Pacific taking down small islands."
Meanwhile his comments come amid growing tension in highly contested region, as the US ramps up freedom of navigation operations in response to China's steady militarization of its artificial islands. Accordingly the US Navy sailed two warships within 12 nautical miles of the disputed Paracel Islands last week, the first time it has used more than one vessel in the operations, which are meant to demonstrate the right of free passage in international waters.
Earlier on Wednesday, Admral Harry Harris,
outgoing head of the US Indo-Pacific Command, said China was the US's
"biggest long-term challenge" in the region. As per report the
Chinese government has reacted furiously to the recent US statements. Furthermore
at her regular press conference on Thursday, Chinese Foreign Ministry
spokeswoman Hua Chunying said the US accusing China of militarizing the region
was "like a thief crying, 'Stop thief!'".
HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan' According to sources Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy would meet the public at his home office in the city centre only once in a month, instead every week. An official said on Thursday "Doctors have advised him to meet people once a month”. Meanwhile Kumaraswamy, 58, who underwent
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees