Though the Tamilnadu government had issued government orders to seal and close Sterlite copper factory permanently, the families of those who lost their lives in the shootouts, and those injured, are still fuming in anger. Several political outfits have voiced that the reason behind all this chaos and trouble is the TN Pollution control board, which had earlier approved the functioning of the factory.
On 22 May, the 100th day of the protest against Sterlite, 13 innocent civilians were killed by the policemen. Following this, the Kongunaadu people's national party leader ER.Eswaran has given a statement. He has said that it has become a habit to blame the ruling party, the opposition party, the protesters, cops and anti social elements to be behind the violence.
However, the main culprits here happen to be the pollution control board which had failed to monitor the treatment of industrial wastes and the let out of the wastes properly before giving prior permission. He added that a commission must be formed to inquire if the Pollution control board members did their duties properly, and that it is because of the careless and bribe filled nature of government departments that people are impacted by skin diseases, respiratory problems and cancers through the industries allowed by them.
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day