Though the Tamilnadu government had issued government orders to seal and close Sterlite copper factory permanently, the families of those who lost their lives in the shootouts, and those injured, are still fuming in anger. Several political outfits have voiced that the reason behind all this chaos and trouble is the TN Pollution control board, which had earlier approved the functioning of the factory.
On 22 May, the 100th day of the protest against Sterlite, 13 innocent civilians were killed by the policemen. Following this, the Kongunaadu people's national party leader ER.Eswaran has given a statement. He has said that it has become a habit to blame the ruling party, the opposition party, the protesters, cops and anti social elements to be behind the violence.
However, the main culprits here happen to be the pollution control board which had failed to monitor the treatment of industrial wastes and the let out of the wastes properly before giving prior permission. He added that a commission must be formed to inquire if the Pollution control board members did their duties properly, and that it is because of the careless and bribe filled nature of government departments that people are impacted by skin diseases, respiratory problems and cancers through the industries allowed by them.
Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal According to sources as overcast skies loom over Thanjavur district on Tuesday, Mari Susai is sitting in his field, taking stock of the damage that Friday's cyclone unleashed. As per report acres of purple and green sugarcane crops that were to be primed and plucked for Pongal 2019, now lay tilted
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!